Community Building for Vulnerable CALD Communities Program officer
Work type: Fixed Term until 30/11/1017 (0.8FTE), SACS level 5
The Multicultural Communities Council of SA (MCCSA) is the peak organisation that efficiently services, innovatively empowers and strongly advocates for cultural and linguistically diverse (CALD) communities in South Australia.
Located in central Adelaide, we have a fixed term Part Time contract (0.8 FTE) position available until June 30, 2017.
In this role, you will be responsible for overseeing and coordinating all aspects of the Community Building for Vulnerable CALD Communities Program. As this will be a new program, the applicant will be responsible for setting the work plan in consultation with the Manager of Programs for this project.
As the Part Time Community Building officer, you will be responsible for:
- The recruitment and support of CALD communities into the program
- Working with project partners to create and deliver a training timetable, including several forum events around best practice.
- Support Needs Assessment processes within CALD community organisations
- The development of an online Best Practice tool kit
- Identifying , and supporting individuals to become community mentors within the CALD sector
- Creating and maintaining accurate records
- Meeting all reporting requirements to Funding Body
- Privacy and Confidentiality laws are adhered to
- Related organisational policy and procedure are adhered to
In order to be successful in this role, you will possess:
- Strong understanding of issues facing new and emerging community organisations
- Good verbal communication skills, particularly within the CALD sector
- Good community development skills
- Knowledge of Governance issues
- Organisational skills.
- Time management skills.
- Strong written and administrative skills
If you would like further information regarding this position, please contact Megan Hill, Manager, MCCSA Programs on 83455266. Further details of the position are detailed in the Duty Statement – CALD Community Capacity Building
Written applications including a cover letter briefly addressing the personal specification and your CV can be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org . Applications close, 10am Tuesday 7th of April 2015.
Manager MCCSA programs
Multicultural Communities Council of SA
113 Gilbert Street