CALD Community Visitors Scheme (CVS ) Program officer
Work type: Fixed Term until June 31st 2016 (0.5FTE), SACS level 4
The Multicultural Communities Council of SA (MCCSA) is the peak organisation that efficiently services, innovatively empowers and strongly advocates for cultural and linguistically diverse (CALD) communities in South Australia.
Located in central Adelaide, we have a fixed term Part Time contract (0.5FTE) position available until the end of June 2016. There is an option to extend this contract if program funding remains.
In this role, you will be responsible for overseeing and coordinating all aspects of the CALD Community Visitors scheme, including Volunteer recruitment, inductions, matching volunteers to clients in residential aged care facilities, reimbursements and ongoing support
As the Part Time CVS officer, you will be responsible for:
- Recruitment of bilingual volunteers and all induction processes
- Ensuring police checks are entered in a timely manner
- Accurate files are created and maintained
- Planning on going support and training sessions for Volunteers
- Meeting report requirements to Funding Body
- Privacy and Confidentiality laws are adhered to
- Related organisational policy and procedure are adhered to
In order to be successful in this role, you will possess:
- Good verbal communication skills, particularly with both CALD and older people.
- Organisational skills.
- Time management skills.
- Strong administration skills.
- Enthusiasm, empathy and a good motivational skills
Other duties related to this role will include handling the CALD Carer Retreat funding that is dispersed by MCCSA, as well as providing support for other MCCSA programs in the Aged area.
If you would like further information regarding this position, please contact Megan Hill, Manager, MCCSA
Programs on 83455266. Further details of the position are detailed in the Duty Statement, click here for more info CVS Project Officer Duty Statement
Written applications including a cover letter briefly addressing the personal specification and your CV can be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or mailed to:
Manager, MCCSA Programs
Multicultural Communities Council of SA
113 Gilbert St, Adelaide